Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break

Instead of hitting the beaches for spring break, I traveled to Hungary for a week. It was probably the coolest thing I've ever gotten to do. Luckily, we knew some people who had traveled to the United States last summer to study so we had a place to stay and great tour guides.
Hungary is not the first place I would have thought to vacation to but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. We spent the first couple of days in Budapest, the capital, then traveled by train to Szeged, which is a big university town. While in Szeged we visited, among other places, a huge cathedral and the Szeged Plaza. It was amazing to see a place filled with so much history. In Budapest we visited their "Statue of Liberty" and the castle the city was originally built around. The cities were especially beautiful at night, as you can see in the picture. The architecture is nothing like
the buildings we see here. I could go on and on about the experience but I'll stop here.
Unfortunately, the friend I was traveling with got pretty sick halfway through the trip so we spent more time inside than we would've liked. But in the short time I was there I met some amazing people who really seem to be proud of where they are from. I know there is much more that I was not able to see so hopefully I can make my way back there sometime in the not too distance future.

No comments:

Post a Comment