Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Little Closer to Home...



I decided that since all of the places I've been writing about have been pretty far away and would cost a good chunk of change to get there, I'll do some more local (to me) locations that are more affordable too.
I've lived in Maryland my whole life and always wanted to live on the water. This is probably because we have a boat we take out almost every weekend during the spring and summer and into the fall. Solomons Island is one of the places we have traveled, and it was quite different than the busy city life.
While there you can jetski, kayak or try to catch some fish. You can also charter a boat for big fishing on the Chesapeake or a sailboat for a more relaxing day. Whatever you decide to do on the water, you should try to visit the shops and grab a bite to eat.
Solomons Island is open all year. Visitors can make a day trip out of it or stay in a hotel or bed and breakfast. The island is quaint and full of relaxing charm.

1 comment:

  1. It's always been my dream to have a sailboat and spend the summer visiting these quaint waterfront towns.

    ReplyDelete